Platform 1225 Forum
“”Homelessness happens for young people aged 12-25. It must be spoken about to be addressed.
The event began with the official welcome and welcome to country followed by a performance by a young rap artist. Presentations were then provided by the Honourable Michael De Brenni, MP and Associate Professor David Mackenzie.
Platform 1225 Forum 2017 was a major Queensland Youth Homelessness Matters Day and Youth Week event.
Information tables were set up on the balcony terrace for organisations and stakeholders to display brochures, merchandise and key messages. Attendees were able to visit these information tables during registration and morning tea.
Following morning tea, a panel discussion session was held whereby questions gathered from young people and online registrations were explored by both panel and audience members.
Performances by young artists were included in the program before the morning tea break and on conclusion of the event. The event MC and facilitator was Jenny Ryan.
Just over 100 persons attended the event from across Brisbane as well as from the Gold Coast, Logan, and the Moreton Bay regions.
Young People from Create and the Music Industry College provided entertainment at the event. Sponsorship was sought and QYHC is very thankful for the financial assistance received from the Department of Housing and Public Works and the Brisbane City Council.
2017 Keynote Speakers
Official Address Presentations & Guest Panel
Official address presentations
- Hon Michael de Brenni, Minister for Housing and Public Works and Minister for Sport
- Associate Professor David Mackenzie Swinburne Institute for Social Research, Swinburne University – Melbourne
- Aimee McVeigh – McVeigh Law
- Nic Marchesi and Lucas Patchett – Orange Sky Laundry
- Dale Murray – Youth Plus Institute
- Maria Leebeek – Micah Projects
- David MacKenzie – Swinburne University