Youth Accommodation Support Service (YASS) Caboolture
Youth Support Worker – 30 Hours per week (maternity locum)
SCHCDS Award Level 4
This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected community legal and social welfare agency for 10-18 year olds and play your part in helping young people and their families to get their lives back on track! YAC is a well-respected, specialist community legal and social welfare agency for young people 10-18 years who are involved in, or at risk of involvement in the youth justice and/or child protection systems; and/or who are homeless or at risk of homelessness (and aged 16 up to 25 years, dependent on location) across the greater Brisbane area (and beyond for its bail support service).
Young people achieve their full potential through the community accepting collective responsibility for their importance, empowerment, rights, well-being and humanity.
To increase young people’s access to legal and social justice by actively supporting and speaking out with and for young people.
- • Unconditional commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Confidential, professional and honest engagement with young people
- Respectful engagement with stakeholders and others for the benefit of young people
- Holistic responses to address the interconnected and interdependent issues in young people’s lives
- Advocacy for young people collectively as well as individually
- Collective responsibility as a staff for working as a team and upholding and delivering on YAC’s mission and philosophy
For more detail about YAC and its programs, please see the Annual Report
Applicants should note:
- the role involves working with young people and families with significant and complex issues. YAC supports the wellbeing of its staff who are encouraged to access regular supervision, including external supervision if staff consider that is appropriate
- the role includes significant travel (a car is provided for work travel)
- staff must be able to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- there is an expectation that staff will be reliable and punctual, both within the office and in responding to young people and their families, and support diversity and respect in the work place and their practice.